Let me know I’m in the right place and make me feel welcome
- There’s lots of stigma about mental health and I sometimes worry about staff attitudes to mental health.
- I can worry I’m wasting your time.
- I worry you’ll think I’m a time waster.
- It is helpful if you empathise and acknowledge I might be sacred or worried.
- Reassure me I’m in the right place and you’re glad I came for help.
- You could say: “It’s good you came to A+E for help and now you’re here we want to keep you safe”
- Let me know where things are, like the toilets.
- I’m probably tired, hungry or thirsty; offer me a drink or something to eat.