Explain what to expect and keep me informed
- Tell me what will need to happen and who I’ll need to see so I know what to expect.
- Explain I might have to tell my story to a few people. Ask me what could help with this. For example, we could write some things down together so that you can pass them on for me.
- Be honest about waiting times. I understand things take time, but please keep me informed so I know what to expect.
- Check on me while I’m waiting so that I know you’re taking me seriously and that you’re not putting off seeing me.
- Pop in to keep me updated, even if nothing has changed; You could say “we haven’t forgotten about you”.