We Can Talk is a highly interactive one day training taught by hospital and mental health experts alongside a young advisor. The training enables hospital staff to recognise the important role they are already playing in supporting the emotional and mental health of young people and builds on these existing skills.
- Develop an understanding of common mental health difficulties in Children and Young People (CYP)
- Explore the different scenarios where hospital staff support CYP who may be experiencing mental health difficulties
- Understand the experiences of CYP with mental health difficulties
- Explore and understand how to communicate effectively with children and young people with mental health difficulties
- Explore and understand key approaches to supporting CYP with mental health difficulties
This course is appropriate for anyone who encounters children and young people in a hospital setting including nurses, HCAs, doctors, students, trainees and non-clinical staff.
This course runs from 9am to 5pm and is equivalent to 7 hours of CPD.
Learn more about the one-day We Can Talk training by watching Barts Health NHS Trust’s short film about our pilot project.
Training Day Links